1. contemplation: a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
2. the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
3. expression: expression without words; “tears are an expression of grief”; “the pulse is a reflection of the heart’s condition”
4. mirror image: a likeness in which left and right are reversed
5. the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material); “he studied his reflection in the mirror”
6. (mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed
7. the ability to reflect beams or rays
This image was the bottom of a fountain near Little Italy in downtown San Diego. I shot it one afternoon after visiting the most amazing art exhibit I’ve ever seen by Tara Donovan. I was also in the company of a wonderful new friend.
The reflection in it’s original blue/green swimming pool color didn’t move me the way the b/w image does.
I think we are drawn to reflection not only in images but in our hearts. The older I get the more I appreciate and value time spent meditating and reflecting. I find it’s a healing thing to let our thoughts "float" and flow like water .....