- We are the only facility in North America producing coated mechanical printing paper with up to 100% recovered fiber content.
- We divert more than 200 million pounds of waste paper from landfills annually.
- By using reclaimed waste paper instead of virgin raw materials, we save over 2 million trees each year.*
- Compared to 0% recovered fiber content products, we reduce the amount of CO2 emitted into the air by over 150,000 tons each year.*
- Our world class deinking plant gently “washes” waste paper for reuse and collects the leftover ink, coatings and other solid residues for use as landscape cover.
- Our clean-tech processes have reduced our VOC emissions by 90% over the past decade.
- We minimize water consumption, saving over 800 million gallons of wastewater annually.*
- * Environmental impact estimates were made using the Environmental Defense Fund Paper Calculator.
FutureMark manufactures high-quality coated papers for magazines, catalogs, commercial print and container labeling. Our papers typically contain over 90% total recycled content and over 30% post-consumer waste.
by Betsy Seeton