Ethical Clothing Pledge
I ran across this website tonight and found it inspiring that people are taking such serious action to make change. Kudos to them! I want to share this site with readers. There's even a section about how to make underwear from your old t-shirts! It's pretty cute! I haven't taken The Ethical Clothing Pledge yet. I try to find ethical companies, but I still fail to purchase 100% ethically made products. I am a minimalist, which is good, but I admit that I have room for improvement. I admire those willing to go the distance and take this pledge. It shows such a strength of character.
- - - - - - - -T H E _ E T H I C A L _ C L O T H I N G _ P L E D G E- - - - - - - - - -
I pledge to only wear clothing that is one or more of the following:
2. Handmade (preferably by me)
4. Made with ethical / environmentally friendly materials
5. Made by a company with strong ethical policy & workers' rights
* Companies with environmentally friendly practices (such as cutting down on waste/energy/water) get brownie points
* If I get one little inkling of sweatshop labour, I'm outta there!* Above all though, I think the most important thing is reducing the amount of things we use in the first place. Not purchasing ANOTHER piece of clothing just for the sake of it is the biggest statement we can make.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
by Betsy Seeton