“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of
strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” - Rachel Carson
1. contemplation: a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
2. the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
3. expression: expression without words; “tears are an expression of grief”; “the pulse is a reflection of the heart’s condition”
4. mirror image: a likeness in which left and right are reversed
5. the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material); “he studied his reflection in the mirror”
6. (mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed
7. the ability to reflect beams or rays
This image was the bottom of a fountain near Little Italy in downtown San Diego. I shot it one afternoon after visiting the most amazing art exhibit I’ve ever seen by Tara Donovan. I was also in the company of a wonderful new friend.
The reflection in it’s original blue/green swimming pool color didn’t move me the way the b/w image does.
I think we are drawn to reflection not only in images but in our hearts. The older I get the more I appreciate and value time spent meditating and reflecting. I find it’s a healing thing to let our thoughts "float" and flow like water .....
I'm an artist, writer, photographer, private investigator and an activist in small ways.
"Turning indifference into making a difference."
A labor of love website devoted to animal and human rights, and better living. A place to be inspired ...
My LADYBUG book is filled with beautiful images & inspiring quotes. Click here for more info.
I visited the Tiger Temple in Thailand & later found out it is under investigation for tiger trafficking and animal abuse. Read full story. In 2015 it was raided. More than 100 tigers and protected bird species in Wat Pa Luang Ta Bua, popularly known as the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi province were impounded by authorities following complaints that the temple was alleged to engage in illegal wildlife trading.
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
~ Henry Miller
DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS helps people worldwide where the need is greatest, delivering emergency medical aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Read about life in the woods with Chippy & the crew...